A beard brush outperforms a comb in terms of giving your beard a fuller, thicker appearance. Beard bristles pushes your hair away from your skin to give the impression that your beard is thicker. Beard brushes are also quite beneficial because they aid in evenly dispersing your beard’s oils. Oils are evenly distributed ensuring the health & preventing irritating regions of whiskers.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Beard Brush?
Using a beard brush can help to improve the health and appearance of your beard, making it easier to style and maintain. These slightly thinner bristles, made from the second cut of the boar bristle, are especially good for first-time users or people with sensitive skin. The advantages of brushing your beard, particularly in the growth stages, are:
Beard Brush Advantages
- Reduces the itch while growing
- Reduce the risk of ingrown hairs
- Give a unique and comforting feeling
- Healthier beard growth: Brushing your beard helps to stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, which can encourage beard growth.
- Taming and shaping: A beard brush can help to tame unruly hairs and shape your beard into a desired style.
- Removes tangles and knots: A beard brush can help to gently detangle knots and tangles in your beard, making it easier to style and maintain.
- Distributing natural oils: Beards naturally produce oils that help to keep the beard healthy and moisturized. Brushing your beard can help to distribute these oils evenly throughout your beard, providing nourishment to the hair and skin.
- Exfoliates and cleans the skin beneath the beard: Brushing your beard can help to exfoliate the skin underneath, removing dead skin cells and promoting healthy skin.
- Reducing beard dandruff: Brushing your beard can help to reduce beard dandruff by exfoliating the skin and distributing oils evenly.
- Cleans your beard: A beard brush can help to remove dirt, dust, and other debris from your beard, keeping it clean and well-maintained.
Is A Beard Brush Better Than A Beard Comb?
Both beard combs and brushes can be helpful tools for keeping and grooming a beard. Your personal preferences and the particular requirements of your beard will determine whether you should use a brush or a comb. Both beard combs and brushes can be useful tools for keeping and grooming a beard. It could be beneficial to experiment with both to determine which suits your unique beard and grooming demands the best.
Benefits Of Beard Brushes
- Beard brushes are generally more effective at detangling knots and tangles in thicker, coarser beards.
- Beard brushes can help to stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, encouraging beard growth.
- Beard brushes can help to distribute natural oils evenly throughout the beard, providing nourishment to the hair and skin.
- Beard brushes can exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and promoting healthy skin.
Benefits Of Beard Combs
- Beard combs are generally more effective at shaping and styling the beard, particularly for thinner beards.
- Beard combs can help to remove tangles and knots in beards of any thickness.
- Beard combs can be more portable and convenient to use on the go.
- Beard combs are typically more gentle on the beard and skin than brushes.
A beard comb is a great tool to have for dealing with ingrown hair since it gently removes hair that is already ingrown or may get ingrown by combing and the comb’s teeth. A thin tooth comb will be especially beloved by men who have mustaches because of its precision (precision styling) and softness.
Despite the fact that combs are excellent for managing wet hair, a functions best when everything is neat and dry.
What Should I Look For In A Beard Brush?
A boar hair brush is ideal because it is both flexible and has firm hair bristles. A flimsy beard brush will not provide the durability and stability required to train beard hair to grow in the desired pattern, but one that is too stiff will cause irritation and possibly even facial hair breakage.
When compared to brushes with animal hair bristles, synthetic brushes are nearly always less expensive, but that doesn’t indicate they’re of worse quality.
Here Are My Top beard Brush Things To Consider
- Bristle material: Natural or synthetic bristles are commonly used in beard brushes. Natural bristles (such as boar’s hair) are generally gentler on the beard and skin, but they may shed more. Synthetic bristles (such as nylon or plastic) are more durable and less likely to shed, but they may be slightly rougher on the beard and skin.
- Bristle density: A beard brush with densely packed bristles will detangle knots and tangles more effectively, but may be slightly rougher on the beard and skin. A brush with less densely packed bristles is gentler on the skin and beard, but may be less effective at detangling.
- Handle material: The handle of a beard brush should be comfortable to hold and use. Wood and rubber handles are common materials for beard brushes. My favorite is wood.
- Size and shape: The size and shape of the brush should be suitable for your beard size and shape. A larger brush may be more effective for detangling and shaping a thicker beard, while a smaller brush may be more suitable for a thinner beard.
- Brand reputation: Look for a beard brush from a reputable brand with good customer reviews. This can help to ensure that you are getting a quality product that will meet your needs. And if you have not guessed by now my favorite brand is Zilberhaar.
ZilberHaar is a family owned brush manufacture. ZilberHaar is known for quality brushes made in Germany. The ZilberHaar beard brush grooming kit is for men’s beard grooming. The ZilberHaar beard brush grooming kit comes in a stiff version and a softer version. The ZilberHaar beard brush grooming kit’s stiff version is ideal for men who have thick and medium to long hair. The ZilberHaar beard brush grooming kit’s soft version is ideal for men with short beards.
The main thing to remember when buying this brush is that it comes in a stiff version and a softer version. The stiff version is going to be first cut boar bristles and will be ideal for men who have thick and medium to long hair. If you have shorter hair then a softer brush is ideal, perhaps a second cut.
To keep it simple. For all beard wearers, an original full size beard brush and pocket-size travel beard brush combo are perfect. It also fits perfectly in the pocket of your travel bag and jeans, so your facial hair can be groomed anytime, anywhere. You get our very popular brush cleaning device as a gift, which is ideal for removing debris, dirt and left-overs and keeping your brushes at their best.
|ZilberHaar Beard Brush Grooming Kit Contents||Soft Kit||Stiff Kit||Stiff Brush & Oil Kit||Long Brush||Major Brush||Oil Nº1|
|Beard Oil||1 ounce||2 ounces|
Why I Recommend ZilberHaar Beard Brush Kit
Why I recommend ZilberHaar beard brush is because they make the brush from a solid piece of wood. And the wood is not just any wood but pear wood. OK, so what is so special about pear wood? Don’t take my word for it just ask any furniture maker and they will quickly tell you that pear wood is very hard and allows furniture makers to precisely cut the wood into the most delicate of shapes.
Pear wood is very hard and plus the wood does not have lines running through the wood. This can cause the wood to crack later. Instead pear wood has a beautiful color shift. Wood that has lines running through it can crack and split at the lines. Sometimes during the manufacture process the quality inspector will notice a small crack and the brush head will require wood glue to fill the crack before moving on the the next stage. But with pear wood this is not the case. This is why I recommend ZilberHaar and I would pay more knowing I got a pear wood brush.
Pear wood generally has a dark fleshy color, or a pink and brown hue in which looks beautiful. Some pear woods have a purple color but that is very rare. In my opinion ZilberHaar could step up their game and offer a purple and black contrasting brush would be awesome. I would pay more to get that contrasting hardwood color.
Pear wood is a well mannered wood. It does not stink, does not make you itch. It’s just a good wood to be around. And for this it makes it the perfect wood for a brush handle.
When you use a beard shampoo to wash your beard, you largely remove the oil that coats the bristles. A comb’s widely spaced teeth are ideal for untangling a sopping-wet beard without placing undue stress on the delicate hair follicles underneath. You can only achieve true greatness in facial hair by meticulous grooming and attention to detail.
For every gentleman, a gift. This basic beard brush set is a perfect way for his facial hair to show appreciation. The basic kit comes in a luxurious black gift box that displays all-around elegance. Overall, you can grow bigger, better beards (and unbelievably luxurious beard) with this brush and, most importantly, make you feel comfortable with them. Perfection deserves all beards. He’s not going to forget.
Quality does count. Zilberhaar beard brushes are manufactured from pear wood of high quality and 100% pure natural boar bristle. The 2nd-cut boar bristles are softer to brush through your beard, yet still sufficient. They deliberately uneven cut bristles to enable it to penetrate better (for thicker or medium to long beards, choose a stiff version of this basic beard brush kit). They stand for outstanding quality, created in the black forest in Germany with years of experience.
It’s a practical beard brush, only the best, for the busy men in your life. A popular beard brush and an all in one kit. Nothing is as sexy as a beard that is well kept. You can reduce itching and ingrown hairs through daily beard care and with the right tools. Daily brushing stimulates the production of oil and removes dirt, thus maintaining healthy skin and facial hair.
About ZilberHaar Brushes
ZilberHaar started as a husband and wife team to help young dads get the most out of their beards while taking care of their soft-skinned children and wives. And ZilberHaar goal was to produce products that reflected that care and commitment while being affordable, as a good beard does not “just happen”.
ZilberHaar believes that good quality is cheaper for a team of French and German entrepreneurs. You don’t need to do it twice when you’re doing it right. For ZilberHaar products, the same goes. To ensure that they’re good, ZilberHaar takes time testing ideas, ZilberHaar use them, ZilberHaar gets barbers to stress test them. In short, ZilberHaar cares.
ZilberHaar finds that helping men with grooming tools that make a difference from day one is extremely rewarding. ZilberHaar loves the reactions people have when they start using our products and feel the difference, as a gift from a loved one or a purchase. For some, it might seem small, but for ZilberHaar, that’s what matters.
Quality ZilberHaar Brushes Made in Germany
For beginners and seasoned professionals, the perfect beard brush kit. This kit is the ideal gift containing a regular beard brush for morning routing and a pocket beard brush for the car, office or travel set, the essentials for any beard grower. To keep your brushes in perfect condition for a long time, add to that the steel cleaning brush.
All these brushes are made in Germany from 100 pure boar bristles and European pear wood by master craftsmen. These unique and natural products have been designed to make your hand and your skin feel great.
The Beard Brush Box
Packed in a black box and shielded with black foam. A great experience with a gift that will surely make a lasting impression.
- Amazing well packed for protection
- Impression of quality when you open the box
Regular Beard Brush
As part of the bathroom essentials for the morning routine, the regular beard brush is mostly kept at home for daily use. Ideal for a daily brushing routine, with a terrific grip, and very comfortable in the hand.
Pocket Beard Brush
The slightly smaller pocket beard brush, without the handle, is great for traveling, in the car at the office or just about anywhere else.
- Ideal for trips and travel due to its size
- Fit in the majority of pockets
Beard Brush Cleaner
Brushes get dirty. You’ll want to clean it once a week or at least once a month. And to do so, this is the perfect tool. Keeping brushes clean by getting under the bristles.
How A ZilberHaar Beard Brush Is Made
- Blocks of pear wood are cut. Pear wood is cut into blocks that can be used to carve out the bristles when the wood arrive. In Austria, and in the black forest, wood is grown, and each tree cut is replaces in a sustainable forest.
- Out of the blocks, handles are carved. From a single block of wood, the wood handles are then carved and sanded to a smooth finish, first by machine with pebbles and finished by hand to get every part right.
- Prior to plugging, boar bristles arrive in bundles. In bundles, the boar bristles arrive and are then carefully chosen by hand to be inserted into the brush. To penetrate through the beard and reach the skin, the bristles in a beard brush must be irregular.
1. Wood Arrives At The Factory
Wood arrives at the factory and is stored to wait for the right humidity. Lacquer is not used to protect the wood due to it just add more chemicals to the wood. Instead oils is used to preserve the wood. So this is important to note because later when cleaning and taking care of your brush you will want to apply another layer of protective oil to your brush.
2. Wood Is Cut Into Smaller Pieces
Next step in the process is to cut larger pieces of wood into smaller blocks of wood ideal for making hairbrush handles. Pear wood is very hard therefore requires very sharp cutting tools.
3. Wood Is Shaped Into Handles
Smaller blocks of wood are now shaped into handles. Each block is milled into a perfect brush handle. At this point the wood is check for any cracks. Special care is taken at this stage to ensure no changes occurs.
4. Hairbrush Handles Are Sanded
Handles are then final sanded to remove any burs or rough spots and then stored and await for the next step. During this phase handles are placed into a large bin with pyramid shaped pellets and tumbled for several hours. This gives the brush handles a nice smooth even finish.
5. Hairbrush Handles Are Protected With Oil
Hairbrush handles are now oiled. This process is much better for the environment plus helps reduce static electricity created by brushing. By using oil instead of lacquer you feel the wood and not a layer of lacquer in which can feel like plastic. Oil is applied in a tumbler like sanding but instead of pellets the handles are tumbled with oiled round balls. Then logo is applied to the hairbrush handle.
6. Hairbrush Handles Are Etched
Before the hairbrush handles are etched they have to set for a while to let the oil soak into the wood. Each handle is checked for quality and then inserted into the etching machine. After which, the handles are now ready for tufting.
7. Wooden Handles Are Set Aside To Dry
Handles are awaiting tufting. The handles have to set for the newly applied oil to soak in.
8. Boar Bristles Are Sorted
100% boar bristles are used. Boar bristles are excellent due to they are stiff and natural and very durable. There have been many attempts to use other bristles but none are a good as boar bristles. In vegan brushes the Tampico fiber from the agave pant is used which is very good but some are partial to boar bristles.
9. Boar Bristles Are Cleaned And Trimmed
Boar bristles are sorted by color, thickness and length. Next they are cleaned and bundled. If you see white bristles, they are the same boar bristles but just bleached to make them white in color. To keep things as environmentally friendly as possible many companies do not bleach their bristles. Bristles are trimmed on each side to a uniform length. Trimmer is much like a regular beard trimmer.
10. Hairbrush Handles Are Tufted
A tufting machine now drills holes into the hairbrush handle and inserts the bristles. When the tufting machine inserts the bristles they are folded in half. So the length of the bristle bundle you see is actually half the bristle length of the brush. During the tufting process is actually when a hairbrush is born. The machine is responsible for applying the right amount of tension on the bristles as too much can cause the bristles to snap and break. And too little the bristles come loose and will eventually come out after use. Careful monitoring is needed at this stage to ensure top quality.
11. Bristles Are Trimmed
There are always some stray bristles that needs to be cut. Each brush is checked individually for sun through a shaver which removes any bristles that are too long. A totally flat bristles brush is not good for beards. The bristles need to have some that are longer for penetration into the beard. these bristles can then penetrate the beard and reach the skin or scalp. A totally flat bristle brush will not be able to penetrate into the beard and will just end up pushing hair down.
12. Last Step Is Quality Check
The last step is the final quality check and packing. Hairbrushes are packed and shipped. You now have a beautiful long lasting hairbrush made of top quality pear wood. These hairbrushes will last many years with proper care, some can even last a lifetime.
HairBrushy Articles: Boar Brushes