Tips for Rotating Brush Styling
To achieve the maximum hair blowout always start with clean dry hair. Brush your hair to detangle and then for amazing results (best results) section your hair into 1-2 inch pieces. Always starting with the under layers first. Then make sure to position the brush so the rotating barrel side is closest to your roots with the barrel placed underneath your section of hair. Close to activate the barrel rotation and then slowly work it down to your ends.
Stacey, our in-house hair care analyst says, “For even more lift, close the MAX PRIME around a section of hair at the roots and let the barrel turn around for 3 – 5 seconds before it glides to the end of the hair.“
And for soft curls and waves just wrap around the barrel a section of hair and close MAX PRIME so that the barrel is rotating. Keep 3 – 5 seconds in place, then open the curl and drop off gently.
My Top 10 Rotating Brush Styling Tips
I recommend using the InStyler on damp hair because it allows the tool to glide through your hair more easily and gives you a smoother finish. When your hair is dry, it is more prone to tangles and knots, making styling with the InStyler more difficult.
Furthermore, styling dry hair with the InStyler can cause it to become dry and damaged, as the tool’s heat can strip the hair of its natural oils. You can protect your hair from heat damage and achieve a smoother, more polished finish by starting with damp hair.
It is critical to remember that when using the InStyler, your hair should be slightly damp, not soaking wet. If your hair is too wet, styling will take longer and will not hold the desired shape as well. To achieve the ideal level of dampness, towel dry your hair gently until it is no longer dripping but still slightly damp to the touch.
- Begin by towel-drying your hair until it is slightly damp. This will make it easier for the InStyler to glide through your hair and give you a smoother finish.
- Before styling, divide your hair into small, manageable sections. This will make it easier to distribute the heat evenly and achieve an even result.
- Adjust the temperature of the InStyler to suit your hair type. Fine or damaged hair may require a lower temperature setting, whereas thicker or coarser hair may require a higher setting.
- Wrap small sections of hair around the brush and hold it in place for a few seconds before releasing it to create curls.
- Start at the roots and work your way down the length of your hair to straighten it. Allow the heat to penetrate and smooth out any kinks or waves by holding the InStyler in place for a few seconds.
- Hold the InStyler vertically and brush through the roots of your hair to add volume. This will lift the roots and give your style more body.
- To smooth frizz and flyaways, lightly run the InStyler through the top layer of your hair, being careful not to apply too much pressure.
- Brush the InStyler through your hair in the direction you want it to lay for a sleek and smooth finish. This will help to control any flyaways and give you a polished appearance.
- Use the InStyler to create loose waves to add texture and definition to your style by wrapping small sections of hair around the brush and releasing.
- Touch up your style throughout the day with the InStyler by gently brushing any stray hairs or flyaways back into place.
When styling your hair with the InStyler or any other styling tool, I recommend working in sections because it allows you to more easily control the heat and ensure an even result. You can apply heat more evenly and ensure that all areas of your hair are styled to your liking by dividing your hair into smaller sections.
Working in sections also allows you to style more complex or difficult-to-reach areas of your hair, such as the back of your head or around your face, more easily. This can help to avoid tangles and knots and provide a more polished finish.
Overall, working in sections can help you style your hair more efficiently and effectively with the InStyler or any other styling tool.
Smooth And Straight Using A Rotating Brush
Set the Max 2-way rotating iron to rotate your hair naturally by double-clicking the barrel to change the direction of rotation. Max Styler smooth and polishes hair perfectly for a straight and sleek style without crushing or creasing the hair. Close the Max around a hair section and slowly glide from root to end.
Soft Curls and Beachy Waves With The InStyler
Wrap a section of hair around the barrel from root to ends for soft curls and “beachy” waves and close Max around the hair section. Let the rotating barrel do everything for you. Max should be kept in place while the hair section is closed and do not pull through the hair. Let the barrel rotate for 3 to 5 seconds before opening the barrel to release the hair, and let the curl drop the barrel gently.
Create Volume And Lift Using The InStyler Rotating Brush
Close Max around a section of hair on the scalp and let the barrel rotate from root to tips for 3 to 5 seconds before gliding down to the ends of your hair to give hair an extra lift at the roots. Rotate the barrel from tip to root for added volume in the opposite direction to create a backcombing effect.
Rotating Brush Additional Directions
According to Arsen Gurgov at Arsen Gurgov Salon in NY, “At Arsen Gurgov Salon, we want women’s hair to be beautiful and healthy. Often, women are so focused on achieving their ideal look that they forget about hair health. But what many women don’t realize is that the health of their locks and how good they ultimately look go hand in hand.“
Start with clean, dry, detangled hair. DOUBLE CLICK: To change the barrel direction, close your InStyler MAX twice quickly to change the rotation direction for maximum performance when styling.
STRAIGHTENING: Position the InStyler MAX so the barrel side is next to your scalp. Starting at the roots, close the InStyler MAX onto a 1 to 3 inch section of hair. Slowly glide the InStyler MAX down to the ends of your hair.
CURLING: Carefully wrap a section of hair around the barrel. Close the InStyler MAX and rotate your wrist to ensure the ends of your hair are included. Let the InStyler MAX rotate for 5 to 10 seconds. Open the unit and let the hair fall from the barrel.
The shorter barrel is for shorter hair and the longer barrel is for longer hair. The brush is for dry hair only. I love all that there is about the InStyler. It smooths and tames the frizz while giving it the body it deserves. I recommend purchase.
There is at least one complaint where the rotating brush pinches hair. You have the option to have the brush rotate either way. So make sure you have it going the right way. I recommend blow dry and comb as usual and then finish off with the InStyler to get your preferred style. Or if you opt for the wet to dry model, my 1# choice, then start with towel dry hair.
Rotating Brush Performance
The Max is still the latest version of the rotating iron InStyler. With a simple double – click on the barrel in order to achieve maximum results, the innovative two way rotating barrel technology enables the change of direction by rotating in natural direction.
The MAX Rotating Brush straightens, curls and styles of hair perfectly every time with a tourmaline ceramic smoothing plate, double rotating barrel and ionic bristles. The secret is its rotating heated polishing cylinder, a ceramic floating plate with tourmaline and four rows of precision-aligned bristles. The Max has a 30-second heat-up and automatic shutdown of security. For fine, medium and thick or coarse hair, there are several heat settings. The heat shield and heat mat are included.
The InStyler MAX PRIME is a straightening and curling brush that rotates in two directions. The rotating cylinder of the InStyler MAX PRIME 2-Way styler can turn in two directions depending on which side you are bushing. To rotate right or left, just press the button. Using the InStyler MAX PRIME 2-way styler, you can add shine, curls, or straighten your hair.
There are many InStyler rotating brushes and it can get a little confusing on which one to buy. But, I did all the research for you and summed it up below. I looked for the important features and listed the stylers for you. If I missed anything please let me know in the comments below. Believe it or not I ended up spending a better part of a day putting this together to make it easier for first time buyers.
|Instyler Rotating Brush Models||Description|
|InStyler Max 1.25″ Black 2-Way Revolving Iron||Rotates in 2 directions eliminated the need to switch hands to curl on other side. Color is black.|
|InStyler Max 1.25″ White 2-Way Revolving Iron||Rotates in 2 directions eliminated the need to switch hands to curl on other side. Color is white.|
|InStyler Max Prime Wet To Dry 1.25″ White 2-Way Ceramic Revolving Iron with Ionic Bristles||InStyler Wet 2 Dry – Rotates in 2 directions eliminated the need to switch hands to curl on other side. this one is the Wet To Dry model for drying wet/damp hair. Color is white.|
|InStyler Original Hot Iron, Silver, 3/4 Inch||Rotates in One direction only. And good for shorter hair due to the 3/4 inch barrel size. Color is silver.|
|InStyler Original Hot Iron, Purple, 1-1/4 Inch||Instyler Rotating Hot Iron Hair Straightener Curling Brush Purple.Rotates in One direction only. And good for longer hair due to the 1 1/4 inch barrel size. Color is silver. Accessories Included: Thermal Guard (removable heat guard), Heat Mat, Removable Cool Tip|
InStyler Rotating Brushes
InStyler MAX 1.25” 2-Way Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener & Styler in Black
- This model has Tourmaline Ceramic Straightening Iron to help fight frizzy hair. When Tourmaline is heated, it produces negative ions. These ions help neutralize static and fizz. Ceramic heats fast, but not as fast as Titanium, so it’s thought to be gentler on your hair. The heat distribution is very even through out the length of the barrel.
- I love the ability to change directions with the push of a button. This feature allows you to style either side of your hair while maintaining your grip and change the direction of the rotating barrel.
InStyler MAX 1.25” 2-Way Rotating Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener & Styler in White
- My 1# Choice. Same as the InStyler MAX mentioned above but in White.
- I like the ionic bristles to help tame static and frizz.
- As compared to the regular InStyler the InStyler MAX is also is for wet to dry hair.
- Allows you to skip the drying–use on towel dry hair. I think this is a big advantage over other models.
InStyler Original Hot Iron Silver .75 Inch
- The InStyler .75 is the model you want if you have short hair or if you want tight curls.
- This modle is much better due to the three-fourths of an inch diameter barrel for shorter hair or tighter curls and waves.
- I recommend the MAX .75 inch rotating brush for tighter curls and waves.
- The barrel diameter is .75 inches as compared to 1.25 inches as in the other brushes.
“The patented MAX PRIME Blowout Revolving Styler offers the added advantage of 2-way barrel rotation and 4 heat settings up to 425 ° F. MAX PRIME uses a round brush and blow dryer’s styling power to produce smooth, bright hair with volume and movement.” according to our in-house hair care product analyst, Meesh.
Is the InStyler Worth Buying?
The InStyler is worth the buy! The InStyler is designed to engage your hair and minimize tangling while brushing your hair. The InStyler is designed to have a rotating barrel and can disengage with your hair as needed. Here is what what makes the InStyler worth the buy over other hair straightening and styling tools according to their US Patent number: 9609941:
- A hair styling tool having a plurality of bristles and one or more movable members extending radially outward from the core and movable between opposing positions is provided.
- The movable members move between a retracted position where the divider is fitted between and even with or slightly above or slightly below the bristles to engage the hair and an extended position where the divider is moved out beyond the bristles to disengage the hair from the bristles.
- The hair styling tool having the movable member which engages and disengages the hair with the bristles minimizes tangling of the hair while brushing. The hair styling tool may be a rotating brush optionally equipped with a motor.
The heated rotating barrel, which spins at more than 100 revolutions per minute, delivers maximum straightening power by simply gliding down the hair. The rounded design of the heated ceramic barrel and tourmaline plate prevents the creasing or crushing of hair, while the ionic bristles polish strands to reduce frizz and provide ultimate brightness.
According to Fabio Scalia at Fabio Scalia Salon Soho NY, “One of the best things you can do for your hair is choose the right hairbrush – this will help to prevent excess damage as well as style your hair to protection! Remember, finding the right products for your hair type can truly make a world of difference.“
Directing MAX PRIME away from your face easily adds the bombshell curves that complete any blowout appearance. Go a step further and wrap strands around the barrel to create day – long curls and waves.
InStyler Rotating Brush Features
- Ionic Bristles
- Tourmaline Ceramic Heated Plate
- 4 Heat settings up to 425 ° F
- 7 “Professional swivel cord
- Automatic shutdown
- Accessories Included
InStyler Product Description
MAXIMUM SALON STYLE. MINIMUM EFFORT.
The MAX Rotating Styler is preferred over flat iron for straightening and controlling frizz, while adding body and brightness*. As the barrel rotates quickly, it provides strong heat without trapping the hair between two hot plates. This rotating tool leaves hair soft, silky and healthy.
STYLES FASTER The larger surface area of the 1.25 “round barrel (compared to a flat plate) strengthens the heat recovery, enabling MAX to maintain a consistently high heat of 425 ° F for maximum speed and efficiency.
STRAIGHTENS BETTER The rounded design of the heated ceramic rotating barrel and tourmaline plate prevents the creasing and crushing of hair, while the ionic bristles brush and polish strands reduce frizz and provide maximum brightness.
MAXIMUM VERSATILITY The revolutionary design of the 1.25 “bidirectional barrel straightens the hair and allows you to easily add curl, body and brightness. Style begins at the root; glide over roots to straighten and smooth, start rotation at the base and lift to increase volume.
Add these voluminous curves effortlessly by directing the MAX Rotating brush away from your face. Wrap strands around the barrel to create curls and beach waves that last for days. Use on all types of hair: Long, short, thin, thick, coarse, curly, straight and smooth.
Christina Olivia, Hair Goddess of Olivia Christensen Salon, says, “Hair is everything. It is the first thing you notice and the last thing you fuss about before leaving the house. Imagine if you could step out of your house looking like a goddess everyday? Now, you can!“