In addition to nylon and plastic have you considered using a wooden hair brush as a boar brush alternative? According to Stacey, Hair Research Analyst, “If you are a vegan and or living a way of life that seeks to exclude all forms of animal exploitation and cruelty, whether from food, clothing or any other purpose, then a wooden brush may be just the tool for you.” There are many benefits but there are also some disadvantages. The biggest question is, does a wooden brush do a good job of distributing your natural hair oils from the root to the tips. I have my doubts but I believe it can work. The only real way is for you to decide by actually brushing your hair with one. And in my opinion the best way to start is to first find a high quality wooden brush.
What I would look for in a quality vegan wooden brush
- Handmade is great – I know attention to detail has been given and pride of craftsmanship is built into the product.
- High quality wood from carefully managed forests – FSC certification is a plus and proves it
- All natural rubber
- Finished with a natural finish – no dangerous VOCs
- Sturdy handle
- Nice design
- Look carefully where the wooden bristles mates up to the rubber – no gaps, no edges otherwise your hair will be pulled and or ripped as you brush. When you brush your hair passed over this area every time.
TEK wooden brushes
Their brushes are handmade in Italy. They are manufactured and assembled in Italy using a tradition of craftsmanship and attention to details and high quality standards.One of the main reason I like TEK wooden brushes is that they exercise environmental awareness along their entire production line. They source wood from managed forests and use natural rubber or what is called caucciù rubber. Rubber is not derived from petroleum products. Even the finishes are Linseed oil and Carnauba wax.
Being FSC certified is important because it ensures that products are sourced from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental benefits.
TEK wooden boar brush alternative benefits
- Air vent hole between pins. It’s pneumatic and lets air escape and moisture drain out
- Hand made in Italy
- Respects our environment
- FSC certified
- Anti static
- Massages your scalp and helps to improve the blood circulation
- Reinforces hair roots, and absorbs the excess of sebum and hair impurities