|How To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair Naturally|
My 5 easy Frizzy Hair home remedies, pus some great products and prevention tips so don’t go anywhere. My home remedies for Frizzy Hair use natural oils. So be sure to wash your hair with shampoo to remove the oils. Also remember the longer shampoos sit, the more time it has to strip your hair of its natural oils causing damage and making your hair frizzy. Hey, also when you get done with this article make sure you read my other more in-depth article called How To Tame Frizzy Hair.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
1 Apply Coconut Oil To Tame Frizzy Hair
Hey, did you know Lauric acid is abundant in coconut oil? Coconut oil is readily absorbed when added to the hair, and it can help to add moisture and minimize protein loss. To add moisture and minimize frizz, use a small amount of coconut oil as a pre-wash or post-wash treatment. You may also leave a small amount of coconut oil in your hair after shampooing or use it as a hair mask overnight for extra conditioning. Also, I highly recommend preventing oil stains when using coconut oil as an overnight treatment, place an old pillowcase or soft towel under your head.
2. Here is how to use coconut oil to stop frizzy hair
Using your hands, rub a tiny amount of organic coconut oil. Massage it through your hair and scalp. I apply like I am putting in a leave-in conditioner. Let it do its thing for about 15 minutes. Then shampoo your hair.
3. Apply Argan Oil To Tame Frizzy Hair
Hey, I don’t have to tell you Argan oil is one of my favorites, right? If you have read my other articles you would know that by now, right?
Did you know moisturizing agents like oleic acid and linoleic acid are abundant in argan oil? Antioxidants, such as vitamin E, are also present. Many people believe argan oil protects their hair from heat, such as that generated by styling products or the sun. These arguments, however, are not backed up by empirical evidence.
So the lesson here is that Argan oil is not a magic oil that can fix everything. No matter how much I like it, it can only do so much. So keep in mind if your hair is damaged bad no amount of Argan oil is going to fix the problem. I recommend using Argan oil on dry hair in between styling treatments.
To try to minimize frizz with argan oil, follow these steps:
- Apply a few drops to wet hair then style as normal.
- Make sure the oil is uniformly distributed from the scalp to the tips of your hair.
- I use a vent brush or wide-tooth comb to comb it through my hair and I also use my fingertips.
- This technique is used to help spread it from roots to tips.
- Just use a small amount of oil at a time.
- Your hair will appear or feel greasy if you overdo it.
4. Using Eggs to Tame Frizzy Hair
Yep, you heard right, eggs can tame the frizz. Saturated fats, biotin, and vitamins are abundant in eggs. While there is little evidence linking eggs to hair frizz reduction, some people claim that an egg mask will make hair healthier, shinier, and frizz-free.
Here’s how I like to use eggs. Combine one egg with coconut oil or argan oil to change up the procedure. Once or twice a week, use the same process.
To whip up an egg mask for frizzy hair, follow these steps:
- Do not cook your eggs, ha! Take 2 eggs and whisk them together.
- The frothy the better!
- Then take the egg mixture and apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Use a plastic cap to cover your hair if you like.
- Allow 15 minutes for the mask to dry.
- Thoroughly shampoo your hair.
5. Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Balance The Frizz
According to Stacey, Hair Research Analyst, “The pH level of healthy hair is acidic, ranging between 4.5 and 5.5. The cuticles stay closed and flat when the pH balance of the hair is in this range. Cuticles will open up when hair becomes too alkaline, giving it a frizzy look.”
Apple cider vinegar is a mildly acidic alpha hydroxy acid. As a result, anecdotal evidence suggests that it may help tame frizzy hair when applied topically, but further research is required. The keyword here is “may help”. so don’t expect it to work like magic. Results on all these techniques are going to vary and highly depend on how damaged your hair is.
Apple cider vinegar can also aid in the removal of product residue, resulting in shinier hair. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties as well. It may help with dandruff, but no studies have been done to back this up. Vinegar can clean your house. It’s that powerful. So keep that in mind, just because it is mentioned as a natural way to get rid of frizz does not mean it’s less effective as an over-the-counter product.
To use apple cider vinegar to wipe out frizz on your hair, follow these steps:
- 1 quart of warm water plus 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Apply as much as you want on your hair.
- Allow 1 to 3 minutes for the mixture to sit on your scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly with Luke-warm water.
- Allow airing and drying naturally.
- I do this only once or twice a week.
6. Avocado is not only for eating but also helps to stop frizz
I usually put avocado on my toast, not my hair. According to Meesh, Chief Hair Product Analyst, “This super fruit is filled with nourishing ingredients, including vitamins A and E, which can help strengthen your hair.” It’s also high in moisture, which can help hydrate and tame frizz in your hair. And the cool thing about Avocado is you can make a hair mask with it and it works.
Here is how to make an avocado hair mask at home:
- Take an avocado and mash it. Here is where I usually cheat and buy one already mashed.
- Mix in 2–4 tablespoons coconut oil until a smooth, mask-like consistency is achieved. It must not be runny. So basically you now have a good thick paste.
- Here is the fun part. Apply the mask liberally to your scalp and hair.
- Make sure to answer the door or take a selfie about now, ha!
- Use a plastic cap or a towel to cover your hair.
- Allow 20 to 30 minutes for the mask to dry.
- To remove the mask, shampoo thoroughly.
Conclusion On How To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair Naturally
Naturally fighting frizz is the best way due to you know exactly all the ingredients you are putting on your hair.
Apply Coconut Oil To Tame Frizzy Hair. Lauric acid is abundant in coconut oil. It can help to add moisture and minimize protein loss. Use a small amount of coconut oil as a pre-wash or post-wash treatment.
Apply Argan Oil To Tame Frizzy Hair. Many people believe argan oil protects their hair from heat, such as that generated by styling products or the sun. Argan oil is not a magic oil that can fix everything. No matter how much I like it, it can only do so much.
Using Eggs to Tame Frizzy Hair. Saturated fats, biotin, and vitamins are abundant in eggs. Some people claim that an egg mask will make hair healthier, shinier, and frizz-free.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Balance The Frizz. Apple cider vinegar is a mildly acidic alpha hydroxy acid. Vinegar can also aid in the removal of product residue, resulting in shinier hair. It may help with dandruff, but no studies have been done to back this up.
This super fruit is filled with nourishing ingredients, including vitamins A and E. High in moisture, avocado can help hydrate and tame frizz in your hair.
Hey, I hope this article was of benefit to you. If you have solutions for frizzy hair, be sure to post them in the comment section reader would love to know.
Photo by Ronise Da Luz on Unsplash